Here you will find links to all of Ray Hanania’s syndicated columns, radio broadcasts, books and podcasts and a selection of his favorite writings (syndicated columns, features, news stories and profiles).
Ray Hanania writes two syndicated columns each week on Middle East and Mainstream issues. His Middle East columns now appear weekly in the English-language Arab News Newspaper. Hanania’s mainstream political and slice-of-life columns appear in the Southwest News Newspaper Group and are online at SuburbanChicagoland.com.
Below are the most recent published columns and podcasts.
Suburban Chicagoland Latest Op-Eds
Ray Hanania’s award winning mainstream columns have won many journalism awards including four Lisagor Awards and the National SPJ Sigma Delta Chi award for column writing.
Here are the most recent columns published at Suburban Chicagoland online news.
- Political Pundit: Mayor Lightfoot face masks vs lootersPolitical Pundit: Mayor Lightfoot face masks vs looters By Ray Hanania We’re having some fun with politics in Chicagoland, the State of Illinois, the Nation and the Middle East. I hope you enjoy this satirical look at political events, issues and the antics of some of our elected officials. (Each… Read more »
- Upside down morality plunges America into anarchyUpside down morality plunges America into anarchy Using Confederate Flag as a beach towel apparently is more offensive and upsetting to some than the actual violence and destruction of White-owned businesses, vehicles and individuals in our upside down world of skewered morality By Ray Hanania Last week, a bunch of… Read more »
- Taking down the Columbus Statue is an act of racismTaking down the Columbus Statue is an act of racism Removing the statue of Christopher Columbus us an act of outright racism by Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, surrendering to the bullying of a mob of protestors whose members often become violent, looting, burning down stores and destroying vehicles and other… Read more »
- The Political Pundit Comic Strip: The Wrath of KeithThe Political Pundit Comic Strip: The Wrath of Keith By all measures including those of Klingons, or any of the Star Trek characters, the Nemesis of Truth, Mayor Keith “Khan Noonien Singh” Pekau, seems to go where no insane politician has gone before. The needs of the few outweigh the… Read more »
The Arab Daily News Latest Op-Eds
Ray Hanania’s Middle East, Arab World and Arab American writings are unique and reflect professional journalism rather than activist-driven writings.
But they advocate peace and justice, especially for the Palestinian people. Here the most recent Op-Ed columns from The Arab Daily News online.
- USS Liberty Survivors of The Six-Day War Read and WriteOn 8 June 1967, thirty four Americans were killed, 174 wounded and scarred for life because the USA Government failed to support the USS Liberty troops while Israel was attacking them with bombs, bullets, and torpedoes; and continues to disrespect the Liberty troops request to speak to the American people… Read more »
- Arab Radio: Pollsters examine Jones-Tlaib electionArab Radio: Pollsters examine Jones-Tlaib election (Audio Podcast below) Guest pollsters Edward Sarpolus and Dennis Denno will be guests on a special edition of The Arab street Radio on Friday July 24, 2020 examining the Michigan election contest between former Congresswoman and Detroit City Council President Brenda Jones and 13th… Read more »
- Podcast: Ray Hanania looks at the challenges facing Arab AmericansPodcast: Ray Hanania looks at the challenges facing Arab Americans The Problem with the Arab American Community: Award winning journalist and communicator Ray Hanania talks about how the Arab American community can overcome the self-imposed failings to become successful. Many Arab Americans live here physically but are “mentally” still back home… Read more »
The Arab street Podcasts
This is a podcast that focuses on Arab American and Arab World issues and features Ray Hanania’s radio show interviews on WNZK AM 690 Radio in Greater Detroit.
The podcasts address Middle East and Arab American issues including politics and is one of the few that monitors and reports on Arab American political elections.
It’s one of the few American Arab focused podcasts available on iTunes, Spotity and all of the major podcasting services.
- Ed Sarpolus, Dennis Denno on Michigan 13th District Congress electionPollsters Ed Sarpolus and Dennis Denno discuss Michigan's 13th District Congress election Season 3, Episode 12 Rashida Tlaib versus Brenda Jones in the August 4, 2020 Democratic Primary election for the 13th Congressional District We have two guests on the show today, both pollsters and political analysts… Read more »
- The Problem with the Arab American CommunityThe Problem with the Arab American Community Award winning journalist and communicator Ray Hanania talks about how the Arab American community can overcome the self-imposed failings to become successful July 21, 2020 Vol 3. Ep. 11 Ray Hanania discusses the challenges that Arab Americans face and their… Read more »
- Arab Radio: Ian Conyers discusses the Aug. 4, 2020 13th Congressional electionArab Radio: Ian Conyers discusses the Aug. 4, 2020 13th Congressional election Arab Radio July 17, 2020 Guest Ian Conyers joins host Ray Hanania to discuss the August 4, 2020 Michigan Democratic Primary election and the battle for the congressional seat between controversial incumbent Rashida Tlaib and former Congresswoman and Detroit… Read more »
- 07-10-20 Brenda Jones Arab Radio PODCASTBrenda Jones candidate for Detroit's 13th Congressional District Challenging first term incumbent Rashida Tlaib Its Friday July 10, 2020 … I’m Ray Hanania, special US Correspondent for the Arab News Newspaper … and you’re listening to Radio Baladi … THE ARAB STREET Radio & Podcast broadcast from Detroit, Michigan through… Read more »
Ray Hanania on Politics Podcasts
This is a weekly podcast that focuses on mainstream American politics and on Ray Hanania’s weekly columns published in the Southwest News Newspaper Group in the Chicagoland area.
The podcast often expands on his weekly columns published in The Regional News newspaper, the Des Plaines Valley News newspaper, the Southwest News-Herald newspaper, and the Palos Reporter newspaper along with six others.
- Assault on John Kass and the hypocrisy of the LeftThe assault of John Kass and the hypocrisy of the Left July 29, 2020, Season 2, Episode 7 I did not know that George Soros, the billionaire who uses his money to influence American politics from the left, is Jewish. Apparently, accusing George Soros of manipulating politics is "anti-Semitic" according… Read more »
- Three weeks of the Corona Virus Stay at Home order and I'm already climbing walls, S2 Ep6Three weeks of the Corona Virus Stay at Home order and I'm already climbing walls S2 Ep6 April 27, 2020 The Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic has put a lot of pressures on relationships. News reports show that domestic violence is increasing as are tensions in homes between husbands and wives who… Read more »
- Audio of the April 6 Orland Park Village Board meeting that appeared to be destroyedAudio of the April 6 Orland Park Village Board meeting that appeared to be edited S2 Ep5 Thursday April 9, 2020 (UPDATE -- The Village of Orland Park has restored the files since the column, podcast and FOIA were published and they claimed the file was not edited or deleted… Read more »
- The politics of viruses Trump vs Obama, March 15, 2020, S2 E4The politics of viruses Trump vs Obama March 15, 2020, Season 2 Episode 4 Syndicated political columnist Ray Hanania examines the political hypocrisy and partisan manner in which the news media is reporting not he Coronavirus or COVID-19 virus and how they are treating President Trump differently from how they… Read more »