Welcome to my website where I offer links to my syndicated columns on politics and life, my radio show broadcasts, standup comedy and public speeches, my books, podcasts, and my social media. I am proud to be involved in a wide range of professional communications.
I am the U.S. Special Correspondent for Arab News Newspaper based in Riyadh with bureaus and print newspapers there, Dubai, Tokyo, Paris, Pakistan and bureaus in London, Washington D.C., New York and Chicago. I also write Op-Ed columns for Arab News and host a weekly Live radio show, “The Ray Hanania Radio Show,” on Middle East issues. Guests include government officials, celebrities in sports, business and community activism. The radio show is broadcast every Wednesday morning at 8 AM EST live on WNZK AM 690 Radio in Detroit and WDMV AM 700 Radio in Washington D.C. The radio show is streamed live in audio on the US Arab Radio Network and in video live at Facebook.com/ArabNews.
I write one column each week on mainstream American political issues and slice-of-life topics for the Southwest News Newspaper Group that includes The Regional News, Southwest News-Herald, the Des Plaines Valley News every Wednesday/Thursday. I also write a Special Monday Column every week for subscribers of my independent online news site SuburbanChicagoland.com that goes to subscribers of my free weekly newsletter that provides information on all of my columns and communications.
I am NOT afraid to take on the tough issues of racism. Racism is wrong. It’s wrong when it is against minorities, like Blacks and Hispanics. But, it is ALSO wrong when it is against Whites. Racism is even more immoral when politicians, the news media and other activists use racism for their own personal benefit, and profiteer by widening the racial divide. I am a critic of news media bias when it comes to the Middle East, Arabs and Palestine. and believe the news media fails to provide a complete and fair presentation of the issues feeding stereotypes and bullying.
I also perform stand-up comedy lampooning advocating “Comedy for Peace” and using humor to bridge differences between Arabs, Israelis, Jews, Christians and Muslims. I often lampoon my Arab-Jewish marriage. I am Palestinian and my wife and son are Jewish. I also have a daughter who is Christian. All of the comedy is PG Rated.
Finally I am the President and CEO of Urban Strategies Group media consulting and I provide media and communications consulting to an array of clients. I do not write about any of my clients in my newspaper columns or news reports and in the very rare instance where I might, I provide full disclosure so readers are able to assess the topics and information accurately.
You can subscribe to my weekly eNewsletter for free by clicking this link.
I hope you find the links on this page to be helpful in exploring my world of writing and opinion.
Ray Hanania’s Mainstream columns
I am proud that my writings over the years have brought me many journalism awards including four Lisagor Awards, the National SPJ Sigma Delta Chi (2007) award for column writing, and the “Best Ethnic Columnist in America” from the New America Media (Nov. 2006).
Here are the most recent columns:
- Right from the Middle: The accomplishments of Ronald Reagan “the great communicator”Right from the Middle: The accomplishments of Ronald Reagan “the great communicator” Former Congressman Bill Lipinski looks back at the significance of former President Ronald Reagan, called the Great Communicator, and his achievements while in office domestically and internationally. Reagan’s ability to win support from both Republicans and centrist Democrats… Read more »
- Face Masks, pandemic and “just in case”Face Masks, pandemic and “just in case” Ray Hanania writes about the silver lining for seniors in the COVID-19 pandemic and wearing face masks, and the impact it has on being a baby boomer, wearing cargo pants, and avoiding embarrassing need to snub offensive people. By Ray Hanania While the… Read more »
- 6 miles over limit punished more than gangbangers carrying guns6 miles over limit punished more than gangbangers carrying guns Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has imposed new speed cameras to fine motorists driving through the city more than 6 miles over the posted speed limits — where signs are posted although not often enough to be seen in time. She… Read more »
Middle East columns, podcasts & radio
Stand-up Comedy ====
Book the Palestinian-Israeli standup comedy performance. Irreverent but respectful, not afraid to take on the toughest issues, and loved by moderates and those who support peace.
(Hated by the Sarsour/York fanatics)
Hanania is popular with the righteous people who embrace justice and fairness, reject extremism and love humor as a way to break the cycle of unending violence in the Middle East. (My mother is from Bethlehem, Jesus is my cousin!)
Enjoy Hanania’s performance at the Munster Indiana B’nai Yehuda Beth Shalom Synagogue. Click this link to watch or use the widget below:
about performing at your event at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I not only perform with Jewish comedians,
I also perform with Israeli comedians, too!
The Arab Daily News Op-Ed Columns ====
Ray Hanania’s Middle East, Arab World and Arab American writings are unique and reflect professional journalism rather than activist-driven writings.
But they advocate peace and justice, especially for the Palestinian people. Here the most recent Op-Ed columns from The Arab Daily News online.
- 9/11 Attacks, Twenty Years After: Where is the Wisdom?9/11 Attacks, Twenty Years After: Where is the Wisdom? By Imad Hamad This September 11 is the 20th anniversary of the 9/11/2001 terror attacks. Twenty years is a long time. What are the lessons of the nation’s response to the attacks? The mistakes? The attacks shocked the country. In response… Read more »
- 9/11 and a 20th Reflection of That DayTo mark the twentieth anniversary of 9/11, President Biden will visit the attack sites in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Families of hundreds of 9/11 victims told Biden to stay away unless he declassified government evidence that could link Saudi Arabia to the attack. By Eileen Fleming President Biden on Friday… Read more »
- Pritzker falls short on promises to Arab, Muslim AmericansPritzker falls short on promises to Arab, Muslim Americans As he approaches his 3rd full year in office on January 1, 2022, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has failed to deliver on a major promise he made to Arab Americans during his campaign election, to appoint Arabs and Muslims to key… Read more »
The Ray Hanania Radio Show ====
This is a podcast that focuses on Arab American and Arab World issues and features The Ray Hanania Radio Show broadcast on the US Arab Radio Network every Wednesday Morning at 8 AM in Detroit on WNZK AM 690 radio and in Washington DC on WDMV AM 700 radio, and also live streamed on Arab News newspaper’s Facebook page at:
It’s one of the few American Arab focused podcasts available on iTunes, Spotity and all of the major podcasting services.
- Bayan Galal on her win as First Arab President of Yale‘s Student Government 9-15-21Bayan Galal on her win as First Arab President of Yale's Student Government And interview with Saad Malley, Chicago business owners, on Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's racist assault to close Arab and Muslim businesses Season 1, Episode 24 The Ray Hanania Radio Show sponsored by Arab News Wednesday Sept. 15,… Read more »
- 09-09-21 Boston Candidate Annissa George and ADC Legal Dir Abed Ayoub09-09-21 Boston Candidate Annissa George and ADC Legal Dir Abed Ayoub Season 1, Episode 23 The Ray Hanania Radio Show sponsored by Arab News Wednesday Sept. 8, 2021 at 8 AM EST We have a great lineup of invited guests and topics this morning … The Ray Hanania Radio Show… Read more »
- Interview with Rep. McCollum, Dalia AlAqidi on Afghanistan and Taliban 09-01-21Interview with Rep. McCollum, Dalia AlAqidi on Afghanistan and Taliban 09-01-21 The Ray Hanania Radio Show sponsored by Arab News Wednesday Sept. 1, 2021 at 8 AM EST We have a great lineup of invited guests and topics this morning … The Ray Hanania Radio Show this morning at 8… Read more »