Here you will find links to all of Ray Hanania’s syndicated columns, radio broadcasts, books and podcasts and a selection of his favorite writings (syndicated columns, features, news stories and profiles).
Ray Hanania writes two syndicated columns each week on Middle East and Mainstream issues. His Middle East columns now appear weekly in the English-language Arab News Newspaper. Hanania’s mainstream political and slice-of-life columns appear in the Southwest News Newspaper Group and are online at SuburbanChicagoland.com.
Below are the most recent published columns and podcasts.
Suburban Chicagoland Latest Op-Eds
Ray Hanania’s award winning mainstream columns have won many journalism awards including four Lisagor Awards and the National SPJ Sigma Delta Chi award for column writing.
Here are the most recent columns published at Suburban Chicagoland online news.
- Stop focusing on guns, focus on the criminalsStop focusing on guns, focus on the criminals If Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot would stop trying to be the icon of several “movements” and start acting like a leader who can recognize the real problems, maybe Chicago wouldn’t be making headlines every week with record shootings and a growing list… Read more »
- Feeling sorry for failed Mayor Keith PekauOpinion: Feeling sorry for failed Mayor Keith Pekau Orland Park Mayor Keith Pekau attacked me, yet again, in his political newsletter once again making the false assertion of “factual inaccuracy” in my opinion columns. Of course, if anyone has a problem with facts and accuracy, it is Mayor Pekau who… Read more »
- Orland Park challenge to Pritzker restrictions stumblesOpinion: Orland Park challenge to Pritzker restrictions stumbles Orland Park is stumbling because it is poorly led by an incompetent official who puts his personal interests above the interests of the public he was elected to represent. Mayor Keith Pekau’s fight against Gov. J.B. Pritzker isn’t about protecting the taxpayers, but rather about… Read more »
- Remembering our fathers and the pastRemembering our fathers and the past The story about my father, a proud immigrant from Palestine who came to America in 1926 to get away from the religious hatred that plagued Christians, Muslims and Jews. He loved America. Fought to defend America enlisting right after Pearl Harbor with his brother,… Read more »
The Arab Daily News Latest Op-Eds
Ray Hanania’s Middle East, Arab World and Arab American writings are unique and reflect professional journalism rather than activist-driven writings.
But they advocate peace and justice, especially for the Palestinian people. Here the most recent Op-Ed columns from The Arab Daily News online.
- “Ramy” is entertaining, but does little to dispel Arab stereotypes“Ramy” is entertaining, but does little to dispel Arab stereotypes The Hulu comedy series “Ramy,” now in its second season, is entertaining, but it stops short of tackling the challenges most Arabs and Muslims face in America. The series still presents Arabs as all Muslim and in the context of… Read more »
- George Floyd Reaffirms our HumanityGeorge Floyd Reaffirms our Humanity Racism is a universal challenge. There is no society on earth that is free from racism. While the US and other countries have made progress to be less racist, racism still exists. The death of George Floyd has resulted in avalanche of condemnation and massive… Read more »
- Annual Update for Vanunu Mordechai, Israel’s nuclear whistleblower and CaptiveIsrael’s nuclear whistleblower Vanunu Mordechai reported by tweet: “They renew all the restrictions for one more year, from June 2020 to June 2021, no any Freedom yet, So I will continue to post every month ‘Waiting to be free’” By Eileen Fleming Read Vanunu’s monthly tweets HERE WHY you should… Read more »
The Arab street Podcasts
This is a podcast that focuses on Arab American and Arab World issues and features Ray Hanania’s radio show interviews on WNZK AM 690 Radio in Greater Detroit.
The podcasts address Middle East and Arab American issues including politics and is one of the few that monitors and reports on Arab American political elections.
It’s one of the few American Arab focused podcasts available on iTunes, Spotity and all of the major podcasting services.
- 07-10-20 Brenda Jones Arab Radio PODCASTBrenda Jones candidate for Detroit's 13th Congressional District Challenging first term incumbent Rashida Tlaib Its Friday July 10, 2020 … I’m Ray Hanania, special US Correspondent for the Arab News Newspaper … and you’re listening to Radio Baladi … THE ARAB STREET Radio & Podcast broadcast from Detroit, Michigan through… Read more »
- 06-12-20 Arab Radio Protests, Riots and Looters Oh My06-12-20 Arab Radio Protests, Riots and Looters Oh My Arab Radio Host Ray Hanania discusses the Black Lives Matter Protests and the horrible looting, arson and violence that took place under the cover of the protests that followed the killing of African American George Floyd in Minneapolis. While most people… Read more »
- Ray Hanania Arab Radio Ali Younes and the NakbaRay Hanania Arab Radio Ali Younes and the Nakba May 15, 2020 Its Friday May 15, 2020 … I’m Ray Hanania, special US Correspondent for the Arab News Newspaper … and you’re listening to THE ARAB STREET Radio & Podcast broadcast from Detroit, Michigan through 690 AM WNZK Radio …… Read more »
- Arab Radio Ray Hanania: Biden, Tlaib, Qatari violence, coronavirusArab Radio Ray Hanania: Biden, Tlaib, Qatari violence, coronavirus Ray Hanania's May 8, 2020 radio show broadcast from Detroit on WNZK AM 690 radio live on radio and online. Its Friday May 8, 2020 … I’m Ray Hanania, special US Correspondent for the Arab News Newspaper … and you’re listening… Read more »
Ray Hanania on Politics Podcasts
This is a weekly podcast that focuses on mainstream American politics and on Ray Hanania’s weekly columns published in the Southwest News Newspaper Group in the Chicagoland area.
The podcast often expands on his weekly columns published in The Regional News newspaper, the Des Plaines Valley News newspaper, the Southwest News-Herald newspaper, and the Palos Reporter newspaper along with six others.
- Three weeks of the Corona Virus Stay at Home order and I'm already climbing walls, S2 Ep6Three weeks of the Corona Virus Stay at Home order and I'm already climbing walls S2 Ep6 April 27, 2020 The Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic has put a lot of pressures on relationships. News reports show that domestic violence is increasing as are tensions in homes between husbands and wives who… Read more »
- Audio of the April 6 Orland Park Village Board meeting that appeared to be destroyedAudio of the April 6 Orland Park Village Board meeting that appeared to be edited S2 Ep5 Thursday April 9, 2020 (UPDATE -- The Village of Orland Park has restored the files since the column, podcast and FOIA were published and they claimed the file was not edited or deleted… Read more »
- The politics of viruses Trump vs Obama, March 15, 2020, S2 E4The politics of viruses Trump vs Obama March 15, 2020, Season 2 Episode 4 Syndicated political columnist Ray Hanania examines the political hypocrisy and partisan manner in which the news media is reporting not he Coronavirus or COVID-19 virus and how they are treating President Trump differently from how they… Read more »
- Sarah Gad's compelling story, running for Congress 1st Illinois DIstrict March 17, 2020Compelling story on Sarah Gad - convicted of prescription drug use - who is running for Congress in the 1st Dist. Mar. 17, 2020 Special Edition of The Arab street Radio/Ray Hanania on Politics podcast and radio show. Feb. 14, 2020, broadcast on WNZK AM 690 live radio in Detroit. Sarah… Read more »